Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rainforest Flower near Dopi river

While hiking with Georgie - a British biologist through a tropical rainforest near Dopi river, I saw various species of flowers that I could not identify. One of them is shown on the following photograph. This flower plant was located in a tall tree. I think it was an epiphyte. I forgot to ask her to write its name on my book so that I could mention it on this post. So, if you know its English or Latin name, please, inform me.
This flower plant was around 25 meters above hour head. I used my telephoto lens bridge camera Nikon Coolpix P500 to shoot it. The next morning, guided by Elia Kambu, I and Georgie walked up some slopes to a place where we could see some terrestrial orchids that grow along an old logging road of the rainforest of Inggramui village. If you are interested in hiking in the tropical rainforest of Manokwari, you need to bring sleeping bags, mosquito net, GPS device, compass, and the most important thing is a bottle of insect repellent lotion. by Charles Roring

No comments:

Merchandise

Please, support this blog by buying art drawings and illustrations of wild animals and plants in the form of prints on various products as follows:

Watercolour Sketch of Bird

Watercolour Sketch of Bird
Fruit Dove from Tropical Rainforest

Vector Art Drawing in Inkscape

Vector Art Drawing in Inkscape
Swimming with Whaleshark

Vector art illustration in Inkscape

Vector art illustration in Inkscape
Baby leatherback turtle was reaching for the sea

Drawing of Paradise Bird

Drawing of Paradise Bird
Lesser Birds of Paradise art print on classic T-shirt

Digital Drawing in Autodesk Sketchbook

Digital Drawing in Autodesk Sketchbook
A Couple of Red Bird of Paradise